Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I am so excited about ebooks!


Ever play the game Don't Tip the Waiter or Don't Spill the Beans? Each player adds another piece in turn until the waiter or the bean pot finally reaches a tipping point and all the pieces come raining down. It feels to me like that is the game we are playing with ebooks and this week another big bean got dropped on the waiter's plate when Google announced plans to sell ebooks. This is some of the most exciting news I've heard all year, and another tipping point toward ebooks becoming a larger part of mainstream culture.

As a related aside: Last weekend at the playground with my girls, I saw a mom sitting comfortably under a shade tree in a lawn chair reading with a Kindle. We talked for a minute and I learned she's an avid reader who never thought about buying a Kindle but received it as a gift from her husband and loves it.

No comments: