Monday, September 29, 2008

Book Promotion 101 - Telephone Conference

Last week I saw this announcement on BookSquare:

The brilliant Bella Stander opens her popular Book Promotion 101 seminars to more of us. Next chance is September 28, with a second chance on October 26. Take it from us, this is good stuff.

I have not participated in the seminar or met Bella Stander but I have come to trust Kassia Krozser and respect her opinions. Serendipitously enough, I got an email the same day from Alison Bested, author of the newly released second edition of Hope and Help for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia, asking for specific suggestions on how to market her book and I pointed her to Sunday's Book Promotion 101 phone-in seminar. Alison wrote me again Sunday night:

"I took the Book Promotion 101 teleseminar today with Bella Stander. It was really good. I wish I had this information a couple of years ago. Now I understand so much more about the publishing industry in so many different areas. It really helped. Now I know the kinds of things that I can start to do. Thanks for recommending it. I would recommend it to all of your authors at Cumberland House so that they understand the rules of the publishing game. Just like baseball, if you’re not shown how to hit the ball with your bat, you’ll never hit a home run."

The next phone-in seminar is Sunday, October 26. Click here for details on how to register.

No comments: